Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Incubating Eggs

Sorry I have not blogged in a while.  We just started school, last week. We are schooling a friend too.

brooder

brooder 2

day old chicks

incubator

 

We have incubating 20 eggs, 6 have hatch so far. I got to watch two eggs hatch, it was amazing to watch them break a hole in the egg and then slowly break out.  We would let them dry off a bit in the incubator, and then we would moved them to the brooder.  Then we would show them how to drink.
It was so amazing to see a egg transform into a chick.
here is a video of a chick hatching
last few eggs
So good by for now and remember Jesus loves you
Photobucket
for our incubator: foam cooler, shop light, 15 watt bulb,and a piece of glass.  
for our brooder: large plastic bin, wood chips, feed,and water.

3 comments:

  1. Boy Jacob that was soooo coooool!!!!!!!!!!! watching them hatch. We can't wait to see yhe next ones come out into the world. Love you, Uncle Louie & Nana Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is super cool jacob! i love how the one chick came over to the other one at the end...it was like he was wanting to help him out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacob, I follow your families blog & decided to come check yours out too.
    You do so many fun, cool, wonderful things! I am jealous. lol.
    I look forward to reading more about your animals. I love animals too.
    I have 2 doggies & 6 kitties. ALL of them were homeless on the street & I took them in & got them healthy & now I love them & they are safe.
    God blessed us all.

    Bless you & your family.

    ReplyDelete